Responsible Gaming – Discount Casino
Gaming can be both entertaining and profitable. But you can’t always win. Losing is a part of the game and you have to be prepared for it. Therefore you should only play with money you can afford to lose. Gaming is a recreational activity perceived as a form of entertainment by millions of people around the world who enjoy gambling responsibly. However, some people can develop an addiction to this type of entertainment. Discount Casino aims to put in place procedures to prevent compulsive gambling behavior.
Underage Gambling /+18
It is a legal requirement to be over the age of +18 in order to gamble, or such higher minimum legal age of majority as stipulated in your jurisdiction of residence. It is our responsibility to ensure players who register an account with us go through a verification process to ensure they are of legal age to gamble. We carry out age verification checks on customers who use payment mechanisms that we know can be used by children. In addition, we carry out age checks on a random selection of all other customers regardless of the method of payment. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and will also be reported to the police.
In order to protect minors from accessing the site we recommend that responsible players install Internet filtering software on their computers. There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. These include:
Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content : www.netnanny.com
CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block : www.cybersitter.com
Information on Keeping Control
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
- Deposit limits enable you to set a limit on the amount of money you deposit into your account for a given period.
- Net loss limits allow you to control the maximum amount of money you can lose over the selected period.
- Wagering limits allow you to limit the amount you can wager for the period selected.
- Session limits will limit the amount of time you can stay logged into your account.
If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then you can contact GamCare
Problem Gambling Questionnaire
Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behaviour is challenging and may not always be possible. Counselling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behaviour. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful. If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling? Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem and may wish to seek help and advice through the channels outlined below.
Global Gambling Guidance Group - www.gx4.com
Gordon House Therapy Services - www.gordonhouse.org.uk
Gambling Therapy - www.gamblingtherapy.org
GamCare - www.gamcare.org.uk
Gamblers Anonymous - www.gamblersanonymous.org
We can also help you!
Every Discount Casino employee have received education towards dealing with responsible gaming and at least one member of our customer support staff has been further trained in the field. You can always reach out to our customer care service anytime regarding responsible gaming and the question can arise anytime.
Discount Casino endorses a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways.